This classic Italian recipe is SO easy to make vegan. I love creamy, cheese laden, pasta dishes so this was a total hit at our place! Its super easy, tastes fresh, and is filling without feeling like a pasta binge. I promise you will want to make it again and again! Not to mention its nut free and can easily be made gluten free.
- 1 package pasta of your choosing (we used GF linguine)
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, core removed and cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Boil a large pot of water. Cook pasta until aldente.
- While water is boiling, start the sauce. Combine chunked tomatoes, tomato paste, tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth,
- Combine strained pasta and sauce in a large bowl or in the pasta pot until combined.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with fresh basil leaves and optional red pepper flakes for a kick. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Photos by @genery, GeneRosatiJR.com
CREAMY VEGAN TOMATO BASIL PASTA
Nut free, Gluten free optional, Vegan
Prep Time: 20 MINS Cook Time: 10 MINS Total Time: 30 MINS
Serves: 2-4 People