Summer is one of those seasons that always makes me nostalgic - for living in wet swimsuits, bare feet, and cookouts! Being vegan doesn't have to deter you from enjoying summer cookout classics, I'm looking at you macaroni salad!
This super easy twist can be whipped up in a pinch and since it's dairy free, can sit out in the sun poolside all afternoon with no threat of spoilage! Talk about a win, win!
For our Fourth of July festivities, hubby and I threw together a batch that was quickly gobbled up. It's that good!
SUMMER MACARONI SALAD
Nut free, Gluten free optional, Vegan, Soy free
Prep Time: 15 MINS Cook Time: 10 MINS Total Time: 25 MINS
Serves: 4-6 People
- 1 box GF elbow macaroni (we love Ancient Harvest!)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/8 cup minced green onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp vegan mayo (we used soy free Veganiase)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- Boil a large pot of water. Cook macaroni until al dente. Tip* GF noodles usually turn the water a yellowish tinge when ready!
- While noodles are cooking, prep veggies.
- Combine strained pasta, green onion, celery, red onion, parsley, vegan mayo, spicy mustard, and white vinegar in a large serving bowl or pyrex if you need to travel to a picnic or keep outside and covered. Mix well. Add salt and pepper, taste and adjust as needed.
- Add more mayo if it's too dry or more celery if you desire a bit more crunch!
- Enjoy and don't forget to go back for seconds!